JOIN OUR TEAM! INTERN ARCHITECT
Career Opportunities at Giaimo
Giaimo is seeking an M.Arch graduate with 2-4 years of experience working in an architecture firm to join our team as an Intern Architect. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, creative, and organized, passionate about design, and eager take on new projects and tasks.
- Masters Degree in Architecture
- 2-4 years of post-grad work experience in an architecture firm
- Proficiency in Revit with a minimum of 1+ years of experience
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Sketch Up and other relevant software
- Exceptional design, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Experience in heritage conservation and sustainable design preferred
- Ability to work independently, and commitment to demonstrating accountability and taking initiative
The position will involve the following:
- Assisting in site research including field measurements, photographic and as-built documentation
- Undertaking historical and archival research, for the development of heritage conservation and design projects
- Conducting product and material research to align with project objectives and budgets.
Project design and development
- Assist in all aspects of the design process, including developing sketches, conceptual graphics, and final digital renderings and illustrations
- Assist in formal design and material development, including interior elements such as finishes, furniture, lighting, and more
- Develop digital 3D models as well as physical models
- Review Ontario Building Code, Zoning-By-Laws, Official Plans, and other documents to establish project parameters and requirements
- Develop and draft drawing sets and documents for all phases: Schematic Design, Design Development, Contract Documents, Tendering, Contract Administration
- Assist with and prepare project packages, reports, and presentations
- Attend both internal and external meetings with colleagues, clients, consultants, contractors, stakeholders, and more
Project administration and construction
- Visit project sites to review progress and develop Field Review Reports
- Review shop drawings, coordinate project details, and provide supplemental information with construction team
- Apply for building permits, including communications with municipal staff to expedite permit process
Office culture and professional development
- Commitment to timely, effective, and honest communications with colleagues, clients, and collaborators
- Maintain company involvement in the architecture and heritage community through organizational participation and professional development
- Participate in the growth of the practice as a creative, innovative, and collaborative member of our multi-disciplinary team
- Interest in learning new skills and expanding your knowledge and expertise, such as through attending conferences, workshops, lectures, exhibitions, and more.
Compensation and Benefits
Giaimo offers a competitive salary and vacation, and as a young firm there is significant opportunity for professional development and career growth. Our studio in the historic Hermant Building at 21 Dundas Square in downtown Toronto is in a highly walkable neighbourhood, well connected to transit. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our studio operates virtually at the moment and employees are provided with everything they need to work from home.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com by August 27, 2021.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.